Friday, November 16, 2018

New Stairway To Heaven

New Stairway To Heaven
© Surazeus
2018 11 16

Whether you are inside stone castle walls,
partaking with those who control the wealth
by drinking wine at the warm glowing hearth,
or outside stone walls in the frail wood shack
huddled in thin fur against freezing wind,
you are the clueless pawn played by the king.

Unless you grow your own food from the soil
and can protect your land from raiding thieves
you must obey the man who guards the wheat
and obey his commands to join the feast
for the loaf-ward as the guard of the garden
is the Lord who owns your body and mind.

With bleeding hands I built the fort of Heaven
in high surrounding wall of paradise
then planted seeds of ripe fruit in moist soil
to nurture tree of life from wilderness
so I have right to rule Elysium
which I created from this bleak waste land.

I work hard to create this paradise
so why should I give you my food to eat
when I feed their roots with blood of my heart
while you sit still and do nothing all day
then demand I feed you from my fruit tree
in return for protecting me from harm?

Empires are built by bullies who make threats
to secure themselves on throne of command
by making deals with people who grow food
where he will protect them from raiding thieves
in return for giving him food to eat
which they grew from Earth with hands of desire.

How much of your freedom of will to choose
actions to perform that increase your wealth
will you exchange for security of work
performing your daily role to grow food
while helping your Lord with loyal obedience
to establish power over who grows food.

I sit by strange river of flickering light
to watch water flow from high mountain cave
and spread out into broad streams on vast plains
where roots of my heart are tangled in garden
profuse with vines that sprout succulent grapes
then feel my infinite soul vanish quick.

I rule no empire of people on land
but I must join company to perform
constant labor that regenerates life
of sizzling energy sparkling our souls
to receive reward as credits of power
so I can buy the new stairway to Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment