Thursday, September 6, 2018

You Are The Leprechaun

You Are The Leprechaun
© Surazeus
2018 08 06

After the wild thunderstorm of fierce rain
thrashes the world for our numerous sins,
shimmering rainbow of hope glows in the sky,
so I run through town past factories and bars,
over the railroad tracks and barbed wire fence
to the lush field of trees down by the lake.

Broad meadow of lush green grass soft as silk,
groves of trees still glistening from the rain,
oval lake shimmering gold in bright sun beams,
and enormous rainbow arching to shore
as glorious ring that penetrates the world
which binds my heart to the vast universe.

So now that I find the end of the rainbow,
I search for the free-prancing Leprechaun
and the pot of gold that will make me rich,
yet all I find is some young red-haired girl
in long yellow dress with eyes green as stars
who offers me tall glass of honey mead.

"I cannot find the Leprechaun or gold,"
I tell her as I quaff her sweet ambrosia,
so she kisses me and whispers, "You are
the Leprechaun, and your heart full of love
is the pot of gold, so I claim your heart
as mine," then she pulls me in her warm arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment