Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Only The Motion Is Truth

Only The Motion Is Truth
© Surazeus
2018 09 11

Step by step by step we walk into darkness
of death, but only the motion is truth.
The magician reveals our hidden lust
that drives our actions with chemical change
through biological desire to replicate
genetic shell which conjures consciousness
so we perform passionate dance with death
before we fall into the mute abyss.

We are fragile shells of chemical sparks,
stepping forward into the shapeless dark
to mold horror into bright smiling mask
that hides despair at the moment of triumph.
We lie down in the coffin of our fate
to swim in visions of hungry desire
but still we rise again at flash of dawn
to dance on strings held by the puppeteer.

All our ancestors live inside our bodies
and drive our actions in the play of life.
The magician displays deceptive tricks
with mirrors that reflect spirits of hope
and strings that manipulate our sad hearts
so we think we are the person we play.
The invisible crown of jewels I wear
blinds the eyes of people so they ignore me.

We are brief flash of water in thick form,
coagulation of expressive dust
who swirls across desolation of lust
to become desert of eternity.
Yaldaboath scoops slick clay from river bed
and fashions this body from hungry muck.
Sophia breathes spirit into my brain
so I dream the first flash of the big bang.

I study motions of stars in the sky
to calculate process of living fate,
but when I look through telescope of truth
I see billions of stars huge as our sun.
The lion-faced dragon rises from the sea,
wearing crown that beams with bright solar rays.
Call me Ariel, for I rise reborn
from sloshing womb of our chaotic sea.

Albinus walks on shore of Meles River
to enter the ancient Homereum
where young woman plays harp in twilight glow,
chanting epic poem about wily trickster
who travels far across dry rugged hills
till he comes to the tower his father built.
The girl grasps my head with her fingers splayed
and kisses me till I forget my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment