Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Heaven In The Skies

Heaven In The Skies
© Surazeus
2018 09 12

I wanted to be the most famous actor
who ever pranced upon the Thespian stage,
but I did not consider the weird factor
that I would be better at playing the sage.

Instead of writing strange fantasy novel
about superheroes who save mankind
I founded cult with followers who grovel
and obey my commands with brainwashed mind.

They give me all their money for salvation,
believing that we are all ancient gods,
and cater to my flesh needs without question,
so now I am the richest of all frauds.

We live together on sprawling compound
amid lush hills on California coast,
welcoming lost souls who are nowhere bound
to worship me as benevolent host.

Just like ancient gods in grand temple halls
who preside over festive sacrifice
I reign as priest with glorious myths on walls
to dazzle worshippers through artifice.

I tell them if they give me money now
they will live with me in sweet paradise
forever after they die, based on vow
of poverty, while I indulge every vice.

They give me all their money and live poor
while I live like the king who owns their souls
so I feast and make love in lush grandeur
while they slave for me like ignorant fools.

The great religions are pyramid schemes
where millions pay priests to tell them sweet lies
so clergy hoard wealth as powerful regimes
while faithful starve for Heaven in the skies.

No comments:

Post a Comment