Monday, September 17, 2018

Death Of Our World

Death Of Our World
© Surazeus
2018 09 17

Strange agony of awkward memories
when I was stricken by the common headcold
of shivering horror at mundane desire
that causes writhing force of chemicals
that is my body to devour the moon
lures me to wander back to paradise.

Now everything we remember with fondness
is nothing but illusion lost in sunlight
since the world we experienced as children
has long vanished in the seasonal breeze
so our children will never see the same
shimmering glow of paradise we still savor.

When I was stricken by sore throat and shivers
I bundled myself in warm memories
and lay covered up in thick social values
then sweated out the horror of despair
so I woke four hours later refreshed
as if reborn from the death of our world.

Because everything I once thought was true
dissipates from the hurricane of change
which spirals from actions of countless people
who contend for the right to eat and dream
I create new world view from ruins of truth
based on foundation of words we invent.

The dramas of desire our parents played
when we were little spirits of the woods
and they were giants on the mountain top
we tell our children while we feast at night
so our ancestors become gods of legends
whose grand deeds outshine our daily routines.

The gods of every nation are long dead
so we are living gods who walk the world
and play our own new roles to outshine theirs
just as our children shall outshine us soon
for we are all lights in the memories
of our descendants who forget our names.

No comments:

Post a Comment