Saturday, September 15, 2018

World Of Broken Dreams

World Of Broken Dreams
© Surazeus
2018 09 15

To walk around the world of broken dreams
I will follow the winding coastline far
beyond the city streets where I was born
to search every library on lone roads
for the weird story that reveals my fate
if I want be the change in the world.

I sit still under every apple tree
that grows in every town around the world
of shattered hopes to become the wood mask
that God wears when she walks among us humans
to strum the vibrant strings of aching hearts
so we remember people killed in wars.

Nobody knows the trouble I have seen
because I never tell the thought machine
which now assimilates forgotten dreams
in advertising videos on the web
which proves we are alone in empty space
so we can play chess on the ocean shore.

She pulls tangled wires of my taut emotions
from my mangled heart while I shriek sweet songs,
and weaves new pair of wings so I can fly
laughing through the endless labyrinth of lies
where I will reign as emperor of lost words
on ancient throne where Ishtar stood in rain.

I decree that weird words about true love
between strangers should be simple to spell
though its formula calculates the way
we know something though no one ever speaks
as if we can read mirror of their minds
where stars align in letters of my soul.

Once I dig painful memories from my heart
I will sift harsh fears out through sieve of love
and plant seeds of laughter in fertile soil
so we sit together by sparkling river
and sing while white clouds swirl in flashing sky
to elevate our hearts on wings of light.

Death will erase our memories from the world
and reshuffle the atoms of our bodies
to form other things in wild splash of life
so we savor each other while we live,
playing games of chase among the apple trees,
then kissing all night on the river shore.

Now that we understand rhythm of life
we regulate process of work and play
to balance production of food we need
with expression of joy in song and dance
within walls of the garden we construct
where our souls linger for thousands of years.

No comments:

Post a Comment