Thursday, September 13, 2018

Ambition For Power

Ambition For Power
© Surazeus
2018 09 13

I walk out into sultry Autumn night
and feel sweet mystic energy of light
beam through the pulsing atoms of my soul,
connecting me to the Infinite Whole.

We walk together on the river shore
to leave behind the dim civilized door
so we can hear song of the flowing stream
and bask in glow of the gold moon beam.

United in our love for natural space,
we share stories as we smile face to face
in ancient ring of stones on Sarum Plain,
then laugh as we kiss in the pouring rain.

I feel the whole world spin inside my eye
when my brain dreams the mountain, sea, and sky
as one global soul beaming from all souls
who interact to define social roles.

We make with our hands then give with our hearts
machines that move and visions that inspire
analysis of the whole composed of parts
while I strum mimetic spells on old lyre.

Secrets of eternal life I conceal
behind the mask of these versatile spells
so actors speaking my verse will reveal
mystery encoded in bright ringing bells.

Each moment I step forward on life road
activates present vision of insight
into mist of strange future where our mode
programs how we ascend on mortal flight.

I gaze at black clouds swirling over trees
and feel silver light of the loving moon
permeate atoms that program memory keys
so I remember how to chant the tune.

We give each other names that define why
we love to replay the quest of the spy
in conventional games of find the ghost
who haunts the loving heart of the blind host.

We gather honey from the singing bees
to spread ambrosia on hot slice of bread
then observe characters carved on the frieze
who play roles of power though we will be dead.

Across this fertile land four hundred years
I plant apple trees and gather your tears
to brew apple cider from blood of truth
which inspires me to play messiah sleuth.

The mindless universe of sparkling atoms
is indifferent to our pleasure or pain
so we gather in fruit grove to sing anthems
about how ambition for power is vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment