Saturday, September 15, 2018

Sing Like Ocean Waves

Sing Like Ocean Waves
© Surazeus
2018 09 15

We die to the vanity of ourselves
to live reborn again from emptiness.
We wander in the darkness of despair,
pursued by the monster of our desire,
till blinding rage of our unfulfilled hope
tears us apart and leaves us on the plain.
Scattered across the waste land of the world,
we lie mute and dreamless ten thousand years,
becoming the stars that twinkle unmoved.
The spirit of the sun in human form
descends on wings of fire from sparkling clouds
who kneels beside us in the shining rain
and gathers again our dismembered parts
then sews us together with threads of light.

Though I dissolved into the nameless glow,
she reassembles my eternal soul
from lost memories floating on wild sea waves
to create my body from river clay.
She breathes spirit of life into my mind
so I wake again from long dreamless sleep
to walk beside her on the ocean shore
while she teaches me how to speak my thoughts
with the powerful muscle of my tongue.
She leads me into secure cave of shadows
where she lies down in last beam of the sun
and sings with the voice of sweet ocean waves
to conjure vision glowing in my mind
how spark of light expands into huge star
that weaves world of mountains and seas from fire.

Holding my hand as her eyes glitter clear,
she gazes in my soul with eyes of light,
then whispers, "I will sleep and never wake,
so find young woman to generate life
for I will live again inside your daughter.
While I was walking on the river plain
I found your father, wave-leaping Ouranos,
wounded by men who attacked him with spears,
so I sewed his wounds and applied moist potion
of Yarrow blossoms to bring his lost soul
back from stars to animate him with life.
He sired your body in womb of my heart
then sailed away on the wild ocean waves."
Closing her eyes, she dissolves into dust
so I walk alone on the ocean shore,
feeling her spirit guide my way forward
along the glistening beach of the world.

I climb jagged cliff toward tall apple tree
and eat ripe apple while sitting on stone
that gleams clear as ice in the morning sun,
and wonder that the song of ocean waves
whispers more quiet in leaf-rustling breeze.
Where will I find the woman like my mother
who will take immortal soul of my body
and generate new body to sustain
conscious spirit that wakes inside my mind?

I hear someone singing in apple grove
so I walk through swirls of mist to the sound
where I find young woman on river shore
who stares at me when I sit by her side.
Touching my broad chest, where my heart beats wild,
I say, "I am Okeanos, son of Gaia,
who taught me how to sing like ocean waves."
Touching her round breasts, where her heart beats wild,
she says, "I am Tethys, daughter of Krone,
who taught me how to brew sweet apple juice."
Smiling she gives me cup of juice to drink.
I sing enchanting song with swirling breath
as I gaze in sparkling glow of her eyes,
then we kiss and make love among the flowers
where bees gather pollen to brew sweet honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment