Thursday, September 27, 2018

To Live Without Fear

To Live Without Fear
© Surazeus
2018 09 27

I feel terrible grief well in my heart
while sitting on the bench in Autumn sun
in reverie about lives of my ancestors
when I relive the desperate fearful lives
of one hundred thousand women in me
whose memories flash awake inside my brain.

Each woman dreaming in ancestral tree
of my parents who generated me
remembers moment when she met the man
who sired next generation of my soul,
some clasping each other with eager love
and some scared as he forced her to submit.

One quarter women in my general tree
were assaulted or abducted by men
who raped them once and ran away forever
or kept them locked for years in hidden rooms
so women bore children against their will,
passing unspoken rage inside my genes.

The most aggressive men of every age
impregnated more women to sire children
so passionate lust of their blind desires
burns today in fierce tension of my body
as my brain plots to impregnate each woman
I can see as I go about my life.

I bridle intense lust with moral rules,
restraining force of animal desire
with civilized respect for human life,
so every time I see with hoping eyes
some fertile woman walking in the world
I vow to honor her integrity.

The body of each woman is her own
so I shall never violate her trust
by honoring her liberty to live
pursuing the happiness of her heart
and respecting her right to choose her love
if and when she wants to bear her own child.

Each woman has the right to choose her mate
and walk about the landscape of our world
without fear men will grab her with vile hands,
for men choose how they will act on desires
that surge from fierce biological drive
to treat women well with honest respect.

Some societies react to lust of men
by imprisoning women with strict rules
that suppress them while trying to protect them,
but we will react the opposite way
by giving women stronger legal rights
to live without fear of brutal assault.

No comments:

Post a Comment