Monday, September 24, 2018

Moonlight Follows Me

Moonlight Follows Me
© Surazeus
2018 09 24

The moonlight follows me across the room,
and waits with eyes as huge as blazing stars
to see what I will do about the gloom
that fountains from the wounds in silent hearts.

I hold the darkness of the universe
in open hand to study filaments
of eternal light that weave through my soul
though no one ever notices its pulse.

The light of the sun streams through frosty space
to illuminate the mask on my face
where millions of souls hidden in my mind
watch constant motion of each molecule.

The lone tree in the meadow of grave stones
sheds memories of the dead in restless wind
so I sew the leaves into silent books
kept in libraries no one ever reads.

The genetic code that defines my soul
will be preserved inside my hollow bones
one hundred million years after I die
so I stand now here and gaze in your eye.

Though I stand nowhere in flash of your eye
the moonlight explains how love will grow strong
which each scene in comedy of our life
together guarding walls of paradise.

Invisible walls of paradise hide
moonlight in nooks where people stuff small notes
in wailing wall to preserve memories
scattered across streets of their secret town.

I am happy now in this nameless place
where no ancient ruins of churches stand
silent in rain which writes our names on lakes
in letters only blind angels can read.

People are always giving God the face
of their father after his broken body
disintegrates to dust in the small hole
so God can cover the vast empty sky.

She tries to convince me that the bright soul
which animates fragile bodies of people
beams up into the sky on blazing wings
to weave vast web of shimmering filaments.

My mother frowns puzzled when I protest
and insist our souls flow up roots of trees
so our bodies become apples that hang
full of rainwater for us to consume.

She tries to put mask that her father wore
over my face so I will sing like him
but I walk the waste land of broken masks
and return to Heaven without a face.

Why do I sing more than anyone else
as if ten thousand angels of dead souls
sparkle in every cell of my wet soul
when sunlight gleams on water of the lake?

At sunset in the twilight of the world
I sit in the garden by burbling pool
and sing heart-aching melodies of hope,
so everyone gathers to sing along.

How bright the moon gleams on Aquitaine
where the young woman everyone adores
sings enchanting melody of desire
to wake the serpent of the water well.

Though lost long ago in pale mists of time
the songs of William the Troubadour ring
across the centuries of nameless lands
to vibrate again through my open heart.

Though I sing the mysteries of time and space
in language I think could be understood,
I feel I sit alone in cave of shadows
to sing in harmony with ocean waves.

The moonlight follows me across the world
and watches over my soul while I sleep
swirling with ocean waves in silent dreams
where I sit forever in grotto cave.

I sit in my backyard at twilight hour
and remember the woman in the cave
who invented language to imitate
the endless soul-charming song of the sea.

I am the new moonlight that follows you
through labyrinth of your forgotten desires
and waits mute in the window of your words
for you to find the voice you lost and sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment