Sunday, September 16, 2018

Rainbow Of Despair

Rainbow Of Despair
© Surazeus
2018 09 16

Somewhere over the rainbow of despair,
way up high beyond walls of paradise,
where blackbirds fly among ancient oak trees,
draped in moss of sorrow for the lost souls,
I follow the rainbow to deep abyss
where nothing is real but the face I feel.

Someday when I wish upon the last star,
still shining after the rest have burned out,
I wake up walking on the road to nowhere
under clouds that always pour drenching rain,
along the river that flows through my heart
as I clutch the last apple in the world.

From darkness of night I rise at dawn light
and listen to song of the hurricane
where trees of green and roses of red bloom
from cracks in hard foundation of my heart
so skies of blue and clouds of white absolve
anguish of my mute horror at death.

Blinded by blazing colors of the rainbow
so vibrant in the sky of crystal ice
I look for faces of people I knew
and listen for babies crying in the village
but they are white skulls smiling in gray ash
though their voices still echo in my heart.

I once thought this is a wonderful world
so full of people singing as they work
but terrible pain pierces my soft brain
as I wander nowhere through pouring rain
on the long and winding road of despair
while I talk to ghosts of my tribe they killed.

I hear small kitten mewling in wet grass
so I kneel in blazing sunlight by tree
where new-born kitten with eyes blue as rain
shivers wet from thunderstorm of red lightning,
so I cradle her close to my warm breast
till she is dry and purring near my heart.

Sitting under willow tree by the river,
I squeeze milk from my breast in my cupped palm
so little kitten licks it with pink tongue,
then curls to sleep on my lap as I gaze
at sparkling river flowing through my heart
for she is soul of my mother returned.

The kitten perches on my shoulder pad
as I walk the road winding among trees
and whistle with joy at beauty of life
since rainbow beams bright after blinding rain,
so I kneel by the river and dig hole
where I plant the last apple in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment