Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Before Mercury Wanes

Before Mercury Wanes
© Surazeus
2018 09 11

Swift horses gallop on the shining beach
where flock of white gulls swoops on sunlit wind.
People crawl on shore from the storm-wrecked ship
to huddle dazed among sheltering trees.
Comprehension of truth just beyond reach
leads me ever onward around the bend.
Just as I reach the mountain top I slip
and fall off sanity on wafting breeze.

Through every door I step outside time
to explore mysteries of the universe.
While wandering through the city park at noon,
I mumble secrets I will never share.
Through jagged mountains of the hostile clime
I journey to vale of the howling curse.
By the silent lake I sing aching tune
from desperate fear that life is never fair.

I hide my memories in the secret book
to make the mirror that deflects all truth.
We sit together in old ring of stones
to share stories of heroes who survive.
At the mirror of truth I stop and look
to play the savior reborn as the sleuth.
We build great empire on the singing bones
that no messiah can ever revive.

Will she now tell me why the caged bird sings
before nuclear bombs destroy our dream world?
I walk your city streets without end goal
to discover names you hide in your eyes.
I pretend I must hide bright angel wings
to show you where the world dragon lies curled.
Before I return to the great White Whole
I must become part of the shining skies.

Children play chase in the rubble of war
after bombs destroy all their fathers built.
We measure process to determine facts
about illusion of reality.
Yet I always wake on the ocean shore
and laugh wryly at blustering storm of guilt.
I cannot provide what the mirror lacks
with newly designed personality.

If you want to find me each day, at dawn
I will be on the beach playing chess with Death.
Alone in my yard I rehearse the role
I will play when Fame crowns me King of Fools.
I sit with my love on the White House lawn,
practicing yoga with the star-deep breath.
Only in my brain dreams the Cosmic Soul
who designs formulas for the White Whole.

Life pulses onward through flexible rules
to replicate models of conscious coils.
Chemicals seek rebirth of their strict code
to copulate with rhythm of sea waves.
Children who played free now gather in schools
to learn words and numbers of seeds in soils.
I ramble nowhere on wild mountain road
to visit Sibyls who chant in sea caves.

I build marble tower where wise Star Queen reigns
to connect all minds with the world wide web.
You cannot resist weird rule of her heart
for she maintains social peace on Earth.
Come to the sea before Mercury wanes
to carve True Name on monumental slab.
What happens till I map it on the chart
and share it with you at the temple hearth?

No comments:

Post a Comment