Monday, October 1, 2018

Hollow Shadow Of Your Absent Soul

Hollow Shadow Of Your Absent Soul
© Surazeus
2018 10 01

The fractured body of the soul I love,
their shadow hollow on the mossy dirt,
though they fell from the sky into my heart,
where can I keep it in the spinning world
to spark their soul again to glowing life
so we may walk again our river shore?

Perched naked on the star-lit golden bough,
their face inside the moon that watches me,
the gold-eyed owl who never sings my name
I think may be the one I love returned
to tell me secrets we forgot to share,
but they just stare long at me when I cry.

The memory of their presence in the air,
the echo of their voice in whispering wind,
becomes their absence in the silent ghost
always haunting me when I drift to sleep,
approaching me over sun-dappled grass,
though I know their broken body is dust.

All around me luminous flash of air,
flat wet leaves on our secret nowhere path,
rain swelling river of tears in my heart,
how can I endure each day without you
always laughing among trees of our play,
laughter of raindrops pattering on leaves?

The hollow shadow of your absent soul
swallows bleak sunlight of my happiness
so indifferent flowers sprout from pungent soil
where I hid your fractured body from Death
who glides through woods to stand before my face
but I stand firm on your grave of secret life.

No comments:

Post a Comment