Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Yet Timeless Horror

Yet Timeless Horror
© Surazeus
2024 01 09

Another hour I find myself alive 
with cheerful laughter of the dreary rain 
I gaze around me at the cluttered vale, 
alert for danger that could break my soul, 
yet no voice thunders from the eyeless sky 
asking where I was when the world began. 

Foundation of the world beneath my feet, 
that surges monstrous passion from the deep, 
solidifies from seething waves of fire 
four billion years before hour of my birth, 
yet I will rage against dying of the light 
while clutching hope in the meaningless night. 

How beautiful this world my eyes perceive, 
I force myself to state with hungry breath, 
tall trees that branch into the silver sky 
where birds dart swiftly on aggressive wings, 
yet Nature seems indifferent to my being, 
so I savor pleasure of being alive. 

I eat the apple Eve plucked from the tree 
that stands forever perfect as the truth 
to taste sweet glamor of the glowing sun 
while I dance slowly in cool evening breeze, 
yet I feel fragile as the flickering flame 
that writhes in stone hearth I built with my hands. 

Aggressive monster of demonic force 
glows deep within frail beating of my heart 
that would appear at hour of desperate need 
when I must defend my life from attack, 
yet I keep blind rage hidden in dream land 
to maintain dignity of normal life. 

This strange hour I find myself alive, 
safe and dry in thick walls of my home 
in company with the people I love, 
I float on divine breath of ancient faith, 
yet stark tranquility of peaceful fear 
electrocutes my brain with prophecy. 

Gray rain drenches Spiderwood in disdain 
that unnerves the owl who encodes my name 
with tangled memories my ancestors lived 
till all their knowledge programs how I think, 
yet timeless horror of this pretty hour 
radiates from center of the universe. 

With casual affection of petulance, 
which motivates my passion to survive, 
I attend world conference of troubadours 
to share techniques for recording weird tales, 
yet false prophets scream on the radio 
till their lies dissipate through apathy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment