Monday, January 15, 2024

Hope In The Spinning Void

Hope In The Spinning Void
© Surazeus
2024 01 15

The raven with three eyes white as the moon 
watches me from shadow of the oak tree 
construct small river boat from slender logs, 
then brings me mushroom from the mountain cave 
which swells my mind with vast pulsating stars 
so I feel Earth float in the spinning void. 

While in the kitchen baking pumpkin pie 
I hear wild shriek across the misty fields, 
and I step out on wood porch of my heart 
to watch the headless horseman gallop by 
on hoofs of thunder cracking crystal sky, 
so I fall dizzy in the spinning void. 

I follow railroad tracks in misty woods 
to large striped circus tent outside of town, 
then step inside to watch tall blond-haired girl 
stand divinely still with elegant grace 
on back of the quickly galloping horse 
that navigates hope in the spinning void. 

The railroad baron in ten-gallon hat, 
who cheats Indians into selling their land 
to profit from false wealth of gushing oil, 
aims rifle at my head with mocking sneer 
that he will take what I refuse to sell, 
so I somersault in the spinning void. 

The young man, bearing old man on his back 
as they escape gang of attacking thugs 
because they refuse to help sell drugs, 
asks me for ride across the wind-dark sea, 
so I welcome them on my fishing boat 
though harpies haunt us in the spinning void. 

On Broadway Street in Gotham City maze 
the weeping clown with smile carved on his face 
strums turtle-shell lyre he stole from Hermes 
to improvise satire poems on demand 
from Hells Angels on roaring motorbikes 
about his journey in the spinning void. 

Four soldiers in jungle of Vietnam 
reminisce about stews their mothers brew 
back home in Florida and Arkansas 
till hand grenade clatters between their feet, 
so Milton throws himself on flame of death 
that explodes with pride in the spinning void. 

Gaunt Mary bears new-born child in her arms 
as she walks the winding mountain road 
with hundred thousand refugees from war, 
dreaming about life in the Promised Land 
where she wants Messiah to attend school 
who grins at demons in the spinning void. 


No comments:

Post a Comment