Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Bride Of The Apple Tree

Bride Of The Apple Tree
© Surazeus
2024 01 16

Mary, wild daughter of the changeless moon, 
why are you running in ghost-haunted woods, 
dressed only in your gown of hopefulness, 
instead of reading your new book of prayer, 
safe in your innocent tower of power, 
tending new-born son of our divine king? 

Richard, gallant son of the swirling sea, 
escaping old king who trapped me with lust 
to seek true path to my own destiny 
is why I am running in gracious woods, 
for you are the man I love with my heart, 
and your child is the soul I want to bear. 

Mary, sweet princess of my loyal heart, 
I thought you loved my father more than me, 
yet now I understand with shocking rage 
that he forced you against your courteous will, 
so take my hand and run away with me, 
leaving him to his pride while we share love. 

Richard, fierce prince who guards me with love, 
the forest is dark and the night is cold, 
and your father reigns over the whole island, 
so where can we run to escape his hand, 
and where can we dwell free of his control, 
except we swim across the swirling sea? 

Mary, proud Mermaid of the Holy Grail, 
monsters and demons lurk in the deep sea, 
eager to devour our innocent souls, 
but my ship is sturdy with stalwart mast, 
so you are safe in bosom of my care 
for to Broceliande Forest we sail. 

Richard, gentle lion who guards my soul 
from possessive lust of old castle king, 
embrace me in your warm protective arms 
to shield me from sharp lightning strike of wrath 
your father fires from bow of haughty pride, 
for I would dwell with you in garden grove. 

Mary, precious bride of the apple tree, 
stay with me as we sail to paradise, 
for I will remove arrow from your heart 
and heal you with aetherius of my love, 
but I fear dart of greed has pierced too deep, 
and light of your spirit fades from your eyes. 

Richard, brave Apollo of my respect, 
you saved me from cold prison of his lust, 
and freed my heart from golden cage of fear, 
so, though we cannot dwell in garden home, 
yet I fly free from sorrows of this world, 
thus I will live forever in your heart. 


No comments:

Post a Comment