Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Sing To The Faceless Dead

Sing To The Faceless Dead
© Surazeus
2024 01 23

Ultimate silence of the divine mind 
beyond estimation of fickle fame 
reveals lightning flash of the conscious brain 
which dances awake in galactic flame 
whose kiss electrocutes our souls to life 
which inspires our quest for reality. 

When I measure whole fabric of the world 
composed of active causes and effects, 
I penetrate hidden reality 
with wings of words on which I transcend death 
to flow with currents of electric thoughts 
that swirl vast ocean of conceptual truths. 

The dead teach my heart how to sing my dreams 
with tangible effort through aching hope 
to nothing but imaginary nameless souls 
beyond material realm of temporal faith 
with free expression of absurdity 
so I can see my face in timeless pool. 

Banished from Republic of honest men, 
I dwell in cave of illusions that glow 
from core of molecules composing forms 
of objects in the world outside my mind 
which I perceive with clear subjective eyes, 
and sing to the dead who no longer hear. 

As stewards of this planet lost in space, 
we follow roads our ancestors once blazed 
to cross bleak waste land of our hungry hope 
and build new paradise of Wonderland 
where every soul, regardless of its state, 
lives in harmony through freedom of speech. 

As teeming hordes of refugees from wars, 
we build new empire in the Promised Land 
based on the premise of our right to live 
on land that swallows bones of our ancestors 
till our lives are flushed away by cold death 
and our songs are but whispers in the wind. 

Who dies last on this land we claim is ours 
carries seeds of descendants in their mouths 
who wake from erased memories of our fear 
to find new truth on silent river shore 
where they too will sing to the faceless dead 
for we are alive in children we bear. 

These words I sing in verses of lost hope 
refer to nothing but their own ideas 
so I describe reality I dream 
with weird conceptual spells of twisted truth 
that form Icarian wings of formal faith 
when I sing as I fall into the sea. 


No comments:

Post a Comment