Thursday, January 25, 2024

Sky Of Our Childhood

Sky Of Our Childhood
© Surazeus
2024 01 25

If the sky of my childhood is unblue 
I might remember true name of the girl 
who waits for me by never-opened door 
every day when I bring her pears to eat, 
then we walk narrow trail in sunlit woods 
to tell each other stories by the pool. 

My memories of past days inside my head 
glow with ambience of eternal now, 
so, though you see me at this present hour, 
strange atmospheres of many years ago 
and social landscapes somewhere far away 
swirl around me in clouds of nevermore. 

I cannot walk backward on signless roads 
to truth of the world that is real to me 
decades ago that have vanished in dream, 
so I keep walking forward as I name 
each road I walk beyond the Promised Land 
that shimmers with ethereal hope for life. 

I am no Lucifer fallen from clouds, 
nor Jesus willing to die for your sins, 
nor am I Apollo strumming the lyre 
to enchant crowds of listeners with faith 
that though we die our souls will glimmer on 
as more than atoms swirling in the void. 

We are ephemeral souls of glowing breath 
assembled from atoms of sparkling hope 
by mothers who teach us how to sing truth, 
so, as we wander fantastic landscape 
of Earth that vibrates from subjective brains, 
we long to live forever tasting joy. 

Though I have wandered far across the land, 
strumming guitar as I sing timeless tales 
in road-bound towns from sea to shining sea, 
the girl I sat with by pool in the woods 
haunts me with gleam of her cerulean eyes 
which see nothing in her oak-shadowed grave. 

The dream myth of our nation in the world 
keeps changing as people contend for power 
to define narrative for what is real, 
and whose story is preserved or erased, 
yet entire history of our human tale 
shines light of wisdom in love songs we share. 

The girl and the boy who meet by the door 
walk together on long road of their love, 
then children they create follow their trail, 
who bury them by their pool in the woods, 
so they form pairs and compose their own stories 
since the sky of our childhood is unblue. 


No comments:

Post a Comment