Sunday, January 14, 2024

Acceptance Of Her Fate

Acceptance Of Her Fate
© Surazeus
2024 01 14

Through eerie silence of the starless woods 
toward Heaven shining on the distant hill 
I ride black horse in nothingness of night 
to deliver messages of lost hope 
to people dancing in the mirrored hall 
before planes bomb it into shattered dreams. 

Cracked hoofs clatter on iced cobblestone road 
before gold gates of Heaven lined with pearls 
because they gleam bright locked against despair, 
so I hold high messages of lost hope 
and shout into the silent gloom of night, 
yet tunes of the orchestra mute my voice. 

Huge palace of Heaven where the king dwells 
with extensive clan of proud royalty 
looms high above bold hill of chanting skulls, 
great walls of courage and pillars of faith 
that shelter pantheon of noble gods 
who feast and dance in hall of timeless joy. 

Faint buzz of wasps that haunt my bloodied helm 
alert my cautious horror through stark fear 
as hum swells louder into dragon roar 
when fleet of airplanes with Daedalian wings 
soars up from caverns of Plutonian Hell 
to aim fierce rage at haughty monarchy. 

My black horse rears and strikes hoofs at cold wind 
when I scream with frustration of despair 
in vain attempt to alert the proud king 
who dances with his queen on marble floor 
with elegant grace of power and wealth 
as fleet of planes zooms above his fail roof. 

With helpless horror on my prancing horse 
I watch planes buzzing like a swarm of wasps 
drop slender filaments of silver light, 
round like eggs of dragons in fairy tales, 
smashing grand palace of Heaven with blasts 
that explode into flashing swirls of flame. 

Knocked to the ground by shock waves of bomb blasts, 
my horse and I lie stunned under red clouds 
then he leaps to his feet and flees away, 
so I stumble through mangled pearly gates 
to enter grand Heaven for the first time 
where powerful gods lie bleeding to death. 

Lifting beautiful daughter of the king, 
who laughed with joy beside the garden pool 
when I read her poetry of our love, 
I hold her fragile body in my arms 
and kiss her as her eyes of gentle faith 
gaze through me with acceptance of her fate. 


No comments:

Post a Comment