Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Secrets Of The Why

Secrets Of The Why
© Surazeus
2024 01 02

Because I keep the cosmos in my skull 
with unwise merriment of tuneful bones, 
I might expand beyond confining whole 
through ruthless tricks of river-sculpted stones 
so I can climb bright stairway to the sky 
where women dance for secrets of the Why. 

I feel my way through ancient galleries 
where mask of every long-dead cultural god 
smiles down from mirror of lost histories 
at tourists sure their own god is no fraud, 
so I paint portrait of Death with one eye 
who makes deals to sell secrets of the Why. 

When the face of mystery is born again 
from mist that shrouds churches and bars in gloom, 
the Well Woman who has nothing to gain 
exposes faceless ghost in the glass room, 
reluctant to give love another try 
after finding weird secrets of the Why. 

Though the lawless bell of my placid mind 
clatters in tune with water-clocks of space, 
I choose to sail in Argo Death designed 
when I go searching for the cosmic face 
worn by the man who floats down from the sky 
bearing Star Scroll with secrets of the Why. 

If vortex of our spinning galaxy 
still spirals whistling in the eye-vast blue 
I will find hidden in the cobalt sea 
old dragon bones carved with runes of the clue 
revealing sorrow of mothers who cry 
when their children lose secrets of the Why. 

Mad music that murmurs deep in Mirkwood 
lures refugees of wars to Wonderland 
where we sing hymns with magic of our blood 
which animates gesture of the right hand 
when we construct virtual world from the eye 
that alone perceives secrets of the Why. 

Awake from radium of paralysis 
with clear conception of our abstract thought, 
I search for star soul spawned by genesis 
of conscious life that chemicals have wrought 
in brains inspired by tales that mystify 
our lonely hearts with secrets of the Why. 

Since I am first-born son of Gabriel, 
commissioned to preach bold message of hope 
to crowds of people entranced by the bell 
that rings far down Parnassian mountain slope, 
I return to Earth as angelic spy 
so I can record secrets of the Why. 


No comments:

Post a Comment