Friday, January 19, 2024

I Am The Wrong Sort

I Am The Wrong Sort
© Surazeus
2024 01 19

All the fall leaves are dancing in the street 
with wild abandon of the carefree youth 
who run circles toward home long after school 
where they learn how to photosynthesize 
spirit of the mindless sun into fruit 
that nourishes our frail bodies with light. 

Because I love you with ache of my heart 
I give you loaf of wheat I baked in Hell 
so you can feast on nutrients of Earth 
that flow from gloom of the bottomless well 
which fills our bodies with atoms of light 
sparked by the unmoved mover to soul flight. 

Soft whispers of fallen leaves arrogate 
wisdom of the horse to speak the blood oath 
when I stand mute beside the faceless pool 
with honest intent to cannibalize 
dream vision that haunts anguish of the flute 
which nourishes our hungry minds with light. 

I cannot plot my fate on the star chart 
that was drawn on opposite side of Earth 
so I load stolen apples in the cart 
to sell for pennies at Market of Mirth 
where princess of loyalty goes to float 
in hollow emptiness of my heart boat. 

Since the world is too big to navigate 
in my futile quest to find the god wraith 
I decide to invent another tool 
I use to fine-tune engines of blind spies 
hidden in the weird book Lucifer wrote 
as he strode windy plain in long black coat. 

So I keep watch in tower of the fort 
I build with bleeding hands of hungry hope 
if Arthurians in vast mirrored court 
elect the greedy fool who hangs the rope 
from cross of Jesus on the hill of skulls 
to slay and roast the souls of angry bulls. 

When lost refugees from war congregate 
in bright auditorium to learn math 
they mock with glee the tyrannical fool 
who claims he won election with bald lies 
as he writhes tangled in the oak tree root 
because all his boastful fibs are now moot. 

The Savior decides I am the wrong sort, 
so I climb the rugged Parnassian slope 
where Aphrodite decides to abort 
child she got from Mars when he wore disguise 
as her husband, the noble astronaut, 
then wanders shocked in streets of Camelot. 


No comments:

Post a Comment