Wednesday, January 3, 2024

World Mutilated By War

World Mutilated By War
© Surazeus
2024 01 03

The sunlit curtains flutter in the room 
white as the tree-bare hill frosted with snow. 
Soldiers eat strawberries from tangled hopes 
and praise the world mutilated by war. 
Refugees who wander the signless road 
sing joyfully of paradise they lost. 

Leaves falling from trees in Garden of Eden 
veil scars torn in the Earth that never heal. 
Feathers from birds that no one can hear sing 
twirl in the wind that vanishes from dream. 
We sit together under the oak tree 
and wait for the indifferent rain to end. 

I hear lost refugees from lonely lands 
share memories of their childhood in wet fields. 
Our radiant thoughts last in stillness of hope 
till every statue of dead heroes falls. 
I search for someone behind the white door 
though black telephones ring in empty rooms. 

Demonic monster growing in my heart 
turns his ugly face to the falling rain. 
Though hunger drives me to conquer the world 
I sit on throne of judgment to build peace. 
The old man dancing on the windy heath 
understands why every empire must fall. 

While traveling from the land where I was born, 
I drop old photos on the signless road. 
Like breadcrumbs Gretel drops along her trail 
my memories are devoured by mute despair. 
I think I see her hiding among oaks, 
her hair glowing with halo of new faith. 

We should fly rockets to colonize Mars, 
Gretel says to me by the waterfall. 
I would rather stay living on this Earth 
where I can guard garden of apple trees. 
While walking Seattle streets in gray drizzle, 
I feel Feldberg Mountain in the Black Forest. 

I long to return to the Motherland 
where wolves play on shore of the Caspian Sea. 
The castle of the king who ruled the world 
now crumbles into sand of angel wings. 
Children play tag in gray cathedral ruins, 
chasing the Krampus with the broken broom. 

When I help Rapunzel escape her tower, 
we will fly on wings that Icarus lost. 
Together on jagged Zugspitze Peak 
we will watch nations of Earth fight world wars. 
Owls of endless grief in dark wordless woods 
reveal the way only refugees know. 


No comments:

Post a Comment