Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Statue On The Wall

Statue On The Wall
© Surazeus
2024 01 03

I might become the statue on the wall 
that wants to catch your god before its fall, 
but I would rather gaze up at the sky 
with conscious mirror of the cosmic eye 
intent on sparking passion in my heart 
with each breath swirling from the stellar chart. 

Though people stop and peer up at my face 
as if they wish to comprehend my soul, 
I stare beyond them through eternity 
in vain bid to perceive the cosmic eye 
that channels timeless spirit of starlight 
through flashing neurons of my dreaming brain. 

Even if I soon float in outer space, 
after Earth is swallowed by the black hole, 
I seek bold courage of fraternity 
when Zeus recruits me as his private spy 
to analyze dreams and provide insight 
about cute girl who sings in golden grain. 

When the farmer finds me in muddy well, 
thrown to avoid getting forged in church bell, 
they place me in museum for the show, 
brass statue of Phoebus with stringless bow 
who presides as justice in the law court 
for banker who operates the shipping port. 

As confederate general in city park, 
astride prancing horse in noble landmark, 
I raise above my head the martial sword 
to found great empire of the secret chord, 
till prophets note I endorsed slavery 
in frantic bid to maintain monarchy. 

Surprised at dawn that love indentures want 
through hope that shimmers in bowl of my heart, 
I try to keep the cosmos in my skull, 
but weird prophetic dreams of global war 
leak from my eyes in bloody drops of ink 
which I employ to code riddles of death. 

If I get baptized in the shattered font, 
as portrayed in symbols of abstract art, 
I will help Mithras tame the Wall Street bull 
that wires electric cash from iron core 
to power academy where jesters think 
how Buddha becomes god with controlled breath. 

Now that I am your statue in the church, 
found here at last after your life-long search, 
you can perceive in mirror of my face 
universal spirit that transcends race 
since I combine in my bland character 
immortal soul of genes from Lucifer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment