Monday, January 1, 2024

Windy Heath Of Faith

Windy Heath Of Faith
© Surazeus
2024 01 01

When Cordelia finds me on windy heath 
shouting at stones about blindness of love, 
she convinces me I have become myth, 
so I map all the strange lands where I rove 
with intention to prove I am still sane 
though I dance singing in cold winter rain. 

If I divide land of my aching heart 
between the children of my holy blood, 
they will tear my glorious empire apart 
that would leave crown of power lost in mud, 
yet I must choose the soul who understands 
old secret language of the mountain winds. 

Cordelia gives me cup of juice to drink 
so I lounge with Socrates by the pool, 
discussing with calm reason ways to think 
about how to enforce the Golden Rule, 
while she transcribes the arcane songs of sparrows 
who recount tales of seers buried in barrows. 

I almost think I can fly off the cliff 
if I run fast enough to edge of time, 
but Cordelia stops me with wizard staff, 
so I imitate the arrogant mime 
with frantic jest to mock the haughty king 
who keeps trying to steal my magic ring. 

Running naked in maze of Samarkand, 
where I eat grass and claim all souls are one, 
I calm the frantic horse with gentle hand 
so she will take me to Hall of the Sun 
where my three daughters calculate my fate 
as son of the king tasked to guard the gate. 

I cannot see clear relevance of spells 
I chant before the gates of Nineveh 
till Anahita shows me water wells 
hidden in the corn fields of Onatah 
who commissions me to liberate ghosts 
from confessional verse of narcissists. 

Disappointed I doubt her loyalty, 
Cordelia lingers by star pool in woods 
where Narcissus explains how royalty 
are thieves who fool us to think they are gods, 
so she finds me on windy heath of faith 
where I sing love songs to the eyeless wraith. 

Guiding me away from Castle of Greed, 
Cordelia leads me to the humble farm 
where she teaches me to grow food I need, 
but I cling desperately to the gold charm 
her mother forged from hot flames of Mount Doom 
to hide the Holy Grail in fertile womb. 


No comments:

Post a Comment