Friday, January 12, 2024

World Of Hungry Hope

World Of Hungry Hope
© Surazeus
2024 01 12

When I hear deathless mother call my name 
I stand still on the beach in lonely wind, 
for though I feel her presence in sunlight 
her face appears as cloud above the hill, 
so I decide that she is watching me 
from high above the world of hungry hope. 

I see her body crumble into sand 
and leave her skeleton gleaming in waves 
that swirl around me as I hold her skull 
and listen for sweet timbre of her voice 
explain the meme for how to start the fire 
that crackles bright in starless gloom of fear. 

This ancient memory from the dawn of time 
programs how I perceive the universe 
for that is when my mind invented God 
as Deathless Mother watching from the sky 
to guide my journey to vale of fruit trees 
through words I sing to the golden-eyed snake. 

Now I gaze at the eye-phone in my hand 
connecting me with countless human beings 
who live in every valley of the Earth 
so I can watch them play role of their hearts 
while I design virtual world of my brain 
that glows in magic spells after I die. 

Awake this hour on globe of dreaming souls, 
I feel aware in neurons of my brain 
ten billion ancestors who made me real 
through four hundred million years of rebirth 
so I am every memory of their lives 
combined in unity of my whole soul. 

I am immortal soul of genes they wove 
with every action running on the beach 
to hunt for food that nourishes the mind 
as I seek mate to generate new life 
in children who will live after we die 
to relive drama of this fertile life. 

Descendant of my genes in evolved form 
will stand alive on beach of timeless waves 
five billion years after I chant this song 
with heart that aches for beauty of this world 
to dream weird vision of the universe 
till the sun transforms our bodies to light. 

When I hear deathless mother call my name 
that she invents from sweet ache of her heart, 
I close my eyes to feel her in my heart, 
then I call name of my young curious child 
who imitates the song of life I spell 
which I translate from swirling waves of love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment