Saturday, January 27, 2024

Together Till We Die

Together Till We Die
© Surazeus
2024 01 27

To borrow working vigor of the sun, 
that beams quintessence of expanding love 
through hope-wakening blossoms of my soul, 
means I transcend abstraction of desire 
through honest force of elemental act 
when I construct strong shelter from despair. 

Thus we hope selfless love is medicine 
which heals the bitter hurt of those betrayed 
by people they most trusted to protect 
their fragile bodies from consuming hate, 
hearts bound in tangled firmament of time 
that soon unravels all we make in death. 

This picture that reflects my absent state, 
no more than shadow of my formless soul, 
I hope reminds that I might exist 
far from domain of your daily routine, 
for I would haunt your waking hours of fear 
with hope that I return from nothingness. 

This sack of bones my spirit animates 
retains fierce energy of lightning glow 
enough to urge my forward-motion way 
against the seething tides of mocking shame 
that nameless people hurl with judging words 
to drown my passion in their hungry fear. 

Fame sneers at me with mocking attitude 
that shackles my sane liberty of faith 
with cold opinions of the faceless crowd 
who think they know conceptions of my mind 
which frames with love each action I perform 
commensurate with false mission of my hope. 

With furtive focus of nefarious plot 
more surreptitious than my private faith, 
I conduct unorthodox war of words 
through quick regressive search for secret key 
to unlock subterranean state of grace 
in which I store truth no one dares accept. 

If we break off our last lamenting kiss 
with bold insistence of the faceless ghost 
that we are real, though still unsignified 
by grand unearned awards of fake respect, 
we must accept with calm faith in the light 
that we decay with every passing year. 

We haunt each other in the twilight zone, 
two lonely people lost on signless roads, 
till we meet on bleak windy hill at dawn, 
and through our bleak despair of hungry hope 
decide we shall hold hands with honest trust 
and travel on together till we die. 


No comments:

Post a Comment