Sunday, January 7, 2024

Tragic Cost Of Liberty

Tragic Cost Of Liberty
© Surazeus
2024 01 07

The angels that I see cannot be real, 
the blind girl smiles at the exploding book, 
except for that one in the mirror eye 
who looks for her mother in every face 
that passes her by on the city street 
with wings of the raven who never sings. 

I live my life the way I want to feel, 
the blind girl whispers to the unlocked door, 
though every choice that I pretend to make 
must be determined by my character 
so fate is what I would do anyway, 
even when I think about how to act. 

The laughing angels who do not exist, 
the blind girl snarls at the arrogant wolf, 
fly around the tornado of my head 
with deep insight into nature of rain 
while I wait for the rapture to begin 
because only the obedient survive. 

I want to play chess with Death on the beach, 
the blind girl explains to statue of God, 
because I am owed justice in this world 
though Nature is indifferent to my being, 
so I always take what I want to have 
and keep my treasures hidden in my head. 

I want to find my mother by the lake, 
the blind girl shouts at the passing jet plane, 
but she was forced to cook meals all day long 
as payment for her trip across the sea 
to find salvation in land of the free 
till they left her in the desert to die. 

Though she is dancing in Heaven with joy, 
the blind girl proclaims to the whistling bomb, 
I want to talk to my mother right now 
about the strange epiphany of truth 
that reveals tragic cost of liberty 
for those who fight against cruel tyranny. 

I want to ask God with sincere respect, 
the blind girl screams in the shiny glass mall, 
why the innocent suffer in despair 
because the strong exploit them without qualm 
and steal from the loyal hardworking man 
while feasting on their misery with a sneer. 

The angels that haunt me with flaming eyes, 
the blind girl sings to zombies in the church, 
fill me with radiation of desire, 
so without parameters of the real 
I choose to create rather than destroy, 
cooking food for lost refugees to eat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment