Rapt By Psychic Light © Surazeus 2026 09 10 Rapt by psychic light of our spinning Earth, I dream forever sorrow of mankind awake in darkness of the silent moon who always seems to know just how I feel when I project my spirit at her mask which I wear to play angel of high noon. Though we build safe illusions of our faith from bones of devils we defeat with love in homes that play as temples of our tales, time crushes all our dreams to swirls of dust when angels bomb our hopes with selfish greed while I am rapt by psychic light of fate. Though air I breathe from ancient wind of hope appears to animate with intense love my fragile body made of flesh on bones, my mind is rapt by psychic light of fear that motivates my quest to transcend rage, and map Hell with courage of Zephyrus. Stuck on the beach of soul-tormenting wind, where Ovidius records our tragedies, I gaze at oceans sloshing mountain slopes, heart rapt by psychic light of comedy, when Odysseus gives me used bag of wind which bold Aeolus gave him with sly wink. While I collect cracked skulls of long-dead gods from cave of illusions with diamond eyes, rapt by psychic light of national pride, I find Endymion sleeping in moonlight on rock of faith that Lucifer will use as cornerstone for new religious creed. Before the burning bush of wounded hearts, rapt by psychic light of angels with swords, I breastfeed daughter of star-fallen god whose laughter conjures storms of social change that sweep away oppressive gangs of thieves which frees world lands for brave democracy. Through luminous drift of false memory, Zephyrus comes to garden of dead trees to spark their souls awake with warming wind so apples bloom from fractured tears of snow, but, when I call his name with haunted voice, he weeps, heart rapt by psychic light of death. Rapt by psychic light of eternal love that gleams with timeless Lamp of Liberty, I teach Endymion how to map the world so we can know where we are in the dark when we reach out our hands of honest faith, transformed by knowledge that we all will die.
Surazeus Astarius Συράζευς Αστάριος. Cartographer. Epic Poet. Hermead epic poem about Philosophers 126,680 lines of blank verse. http://tinyurl.com/AstarianScriptures
Translate
Thursday, September 10, 2026
Rapt By Psychic Light
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Orpheus grins with sly amusement to see his audience rapt by psychic light of timeless truth that projects visions of Elysium from his hymns about souls lost in despair.
ReplyDelete