Death Remembers Our Ways © Surazeus 2026 09 01 Whether or not death remembers our ways for treating plants and animals of Earth seems irrelevant to spooling of time which tangles karmic consequence of deeds that hungry souls perform in desperate bid to survive aggressive gusting of change. Despair for the world releases my mind from waking anguish of unspooling time, yet still I wander among humming trees to hear their opinions about respect which deceive my eyes of attentive hope with the peace of the wild things I can feel. While in the presence of clear water, I invent connections between twinkling stars to channel their light in my pulsing brain as omens that reveal how I should act to preserve grace of the world with my faith that means nothing to the recurring rain. Foolishly confident that I am free from imagined grace Earth bestows on me, I walk the signless road of everywhere and ask the faceless people I may meet if they can hear ancient song of the land, but they keep driving their chariot of fire. Though the complex wholeness of our weird world remains beyond the knowing of our minds, I follow clockwork of daily routines without explanation for life or death that recycles atoms of my frail body, assembled from dreams of discarded tales. So I continue to pretend I am real as flash of light on water of the lake that frames the fantasy of give and take programmed as institute of money games when we invest in new productive work expanding market of spiritual faith. Urged by adrenalin to transcend death, I hunt demonic monster of my fear in drive programmed by ancestral success to wrestle hunger that devours my heart till I transform from angel into human when I build Eden in the wilderness. Every god preserved in religious myth was once some mortal human with fierce mind whose deeds of victory against hungry death inspire our hearts to endure suffering so we too may become immortal souls preserved in tales long after we are dead.
Surazeus Astarius Συράζευς Αστάριος. Cartographer. Epic Poet. Hermead epic poem about Philosophers 126,680 lines of blank verse. http://tinyurl.com/AstarianScriptures
Translate
Tuesday, September 1, 2026
Death Remembers Our Ways
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Orpheus visits Wendell Berry at his farm in the rugged hills of Kentucky where the talk about ecoterrorism of the capitalist empire that is based on farms.
ReplyDelete