Beauty Of My Changing Face © Surazeus 2026 09 28 Remote as starlight in eyes of the dead, I gather yellow apples of the sun to sell for copper pennies of regret to lonely housewives in suburban zones whose children reincarnate ancient gods while angels paint roses on temple walls. To dwell in pale mirage of fractured homes, where healthy demons wear cute human masks, we blink as slow as stars in river waves and cast strange treasures on soft satin mud, though death projects our spirits at black clouds so words we speak could conjure cosmic minds. Since we are atoms flashing in the void, we are the cosmic mind of nothingness that beams from countless stars of swirling gas till we evolve from sloshing waves of hope and crawl with agony of gasping breath on muddy shore beneath the tree of fruit. Thus I rise up from gravity of fate to stand half-steady on this wobbling world, and reach with dizzy confidence of lust to grasp sweet fruit of frantic innocence, then eat with laughter of the falling leaf that fools us with the cycle of rebirth. Since I am gray with sleepiness of time while nodding by the fireless hearth of faith, I watch forgotten tales in ancient books transform to shadows of the nameless dead who weep for beauty of my changing face though I sell sorrows to the smirking toad. If love has fled across the mountain range with urgent mission of the messenger who scatters letters on numberless graves, I wake the pilgrim soul of ardent faith to travel nowhere on the signless road till I become the house where no one dwells. When I was new-born child of the dead king, old bearded wizard of the jagged cave received my body from wild ocean waves, and taught me how to improvise bold tales while strumming sacred lyre of Mercury, but I run bank to finance struggling farms. Gold rays of sunlight beam through stalks of wheat with timeless shimmer of transcendent truth that fills my heart with scope-expanding awe so wingless angels of this wicked world perceive weird beauty of my changing face in masks of god that pulse on temple walls.
Surazeus Astarius Συράζευς Αστάριος. Cartographer. Epic Poet. Hermead epic poem about Philosophers 126,680 lines of blank verse. http://tinyurl.com/AstarianScriptures
Translate
Monday, September 28, 2026
Beauty Of My Changing Face
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Orpheus writes doctoral thesis with raven quill on parchment made from skin of devils that analyzes beauty of my changing face in Halloween masks.
ReplyDelete