Lurid Hills Of Ithaka © Surazeus 2026 09 29 Since Ithaka is always on my mind, forever just ahead in swirling mist toward which I journey by the starry map, I gather riches of sorrowful truth in my constructing hands so I can build safe haven for my children to grow wise. Through curtains of uncertainty I leap into frame of the sudden photograph where I hang frozen without angel wings till paper crinkles and dissolves to dust, then I fall into well of gravity to hold my loving spouse in gentle arms. Though brave heretics against holy thoughts emerge in flames from tomb of confidence, they cast all superstitions to the ground in challenge to the Gorgon of the church that lurks as faceless ghost of arrogance in twisted shadows of the broken house. Since travelers still ride their placid ways in cool shade of the nuclear missile bomb, we give each other tickets for the train that never takes to Heaven nameless soul who flocks around my passion-wired mind as loyal bride in tattered wedding dress. Because the yellow sea ghost of desire derides our plan derived from mordent leaves to follow blood-thick river of respect, I leap the lunar silences of fate while I record sweet music of the sand to prove that Heaven is our fantasy. If snow disfigures idols of our gods that stand by frozen brooks of travesty, I may decide to run with gentle wolves through evergreen forest of lonely vales far from the illness of my fractured mind so I become light of the afternoon. Now that my deconstructed soul of masks has been regenerated by the egg, my mother asks the spirit of her god to beam from stars and animate my mind with solemn honor of the upright creed, but I would somersault the laughing beach. With unconstraining voice of solitude I dare rejoice at rapture of my heart when I guard healing fountain with sharp eye that waters lurid hills of Ithaka with ghosts of heroes who give away names of their brave spirits to the world today.
Surazeus Astarius Συράζευς Αστάριος. Cartographer. Epic Poet. Hermead epic poem about Philosophers 126,680 lines of blank verse. http://tinyurl.com/AstarianScriptures
Translate
Tuesday, September 29, 2026
Lurid Hills Of Ithaka
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Orpheus wanders the lurid hills of Ithaka with vain hope to find his wife and children whose faceless ghosts follow him in the lunar silences of fate.
ReplyDelete