Hope To Visit Shadowland © Surazeus 2026 09 23 If I should hope to visit Shadowland, where ghosts of all the nameless people sing hymns to the fallen god of thunderstorms, I may have to purchase tickets with love to watch myth of the Dream Kingdom dissolve to pages in old books devoured by Time. Alone with ancient Lyre of Mercury, I sit beneath the old fruit-laden Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, heart pulsing with compassion for the world, and sing hymns that depict in secret verse life of every person who ever lives. Since Death is searching for light of my soul that glimmers faintly in vast gloom of fate, with plan to snuff flame of my humming mind, I sing strange visions flashing in my eyes, composed of memories my ancestors dream through sparkling nodes in network of my brain. My conscious soul of self-aware insight glows bright with passion of mortal desire as radiant emanation from my brain, fueled by conceptual chemicals of faith, with delusion of immortality conjured from my ancestral memories. This sense that I have lived since dawn of time is powered by dreams programmed in my brain from three billion ancestors who designed my body to this state of clumsy grace, evolving four hundred million years to me, but I shall vanish to nothing at death. Since I will sink deep in dark senseless sea, and atoms of my body dissipate from fragile frame of flesh that constitutes organic being of chemical respect, I breathe celestial spirit of our world and sing in orchard of my solitude. When functions of my body cease to flash with hot atomic ardency of faith, I want roots from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil to reintegrate deconstructed molecules of my soul so I become fruit yet-born souls will eat. Earth will recycle molecules that form my soul to basic elements of thought, so I become gusts of the curious wind, and I become drops of the fertile rain, so atoms forming me in my short life will form bodies of billions more to come.
Surazeus Astarius Συράζευς Αστάριος. Cartographer. Epic Poet. Hermead epic poem about Philosophers 126,680 lines of blank verse. http://tinyurl.com/AstarianScriptures
Translate
Wednesday, September 23, 2026
Hope To Visit Shadowland
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Orpheus celebrates is birthday by dining with his wife and children at the Thai restaurant where he eats Pad Thai and thinks about strange beauty of the Earth.
ReplyDelete