Alive On The Nowhere Road © Surazeus 2026 09 08 One day at a time on the Nowhere Road I follow my heart to the end of fear, but find myself back where I first began somewhere in the middle of the world maze where people without faces make new masks to hide immortal god-soul of their genes. I try to find one secret tale to tell that illustrates vanity of it all as cosmic myth that explains why we love though we suffer indignity of pain that crushes us to nothingness at death, but indifferent nature mocks my attempts. Because there is no conscious afterlife, nor resurrection of the soul from death, all cases of injustice we endure will never be righted in turn of time for all organic creatures of warm flesh with dreaming brains will crumble into dust. We are Achilles, Job, and Lear gone mad with grief at painful loss of those we love that leaves us wandering on the river shore, lashed by indifferent storms of mute despair, to howl with wordless agony at truth that fate kills us with equal randomness. The daily news of tragic suffering through unjust death the innocent endure becomes one endless Metamorphoses that Ovid sings of bodies changing shapes from vibrant humans to spiritless stones, or writhing trees, or birds that shriek at us. Once I read their tales of shocking death, that twists my heart with discathartic rage, their ghosts haunt me along my winding road, so I carve their names and faces in masks on every tree on mountain of their skulls till our swelling sun incinerates Earth. I hear voice of Isaiah, that rings clear from temple of truth on the hill of skulls, denounce crimes of the rich and powerful while I transcribe his prophecies in verse so records of injustice outlast kings whose bodies rot beside people they kill. Shocked I am alive on the Nowhere Road, I search for you in global maze of myths so I can perceive and know your true self that blooms frail as bright flower from the Earth to celebrate strange beauty of your being before we all vanish while others bloom.
Surazeus Astarius Συράζευς Αστάριος. Cartographer. Epic Poet. Hermead epic poem about Philosophers 126,680 lines of blank verse. http://tinyurl.com/AstarianScriptures
Translate
Tuesday, September 8, 2026
Alive On The Nowhere Road
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Orpheus joins Achilles, Job, and Lear in the group session at the Pegasus Psychiatric Hospital for Manic Manipulators to talk about how they feel about the injustice of death.
ReplyDelete