Saturday, July 7, 2018

Traumas Of Wild War

Traumas Of Wild War
© Surazeus
2018 07 07

For over ten thousand years my ancestors
always leave behind their beautiful homeland,
going west as if to follow the sun,
and colonize new lands where they rebuild,
but their descendants always leave again
and continue on again to the west.
I wonder why they always left their homes?

What conflict of political control,
fought between factions of powerful heirs
over who benefits from land and mates,
drove my ancestors to vacate their lands,
for I am descended from all the losers
who always fled, migrating from their home
to wander as strangers lost in strange lands.

Strange visions of violent experiences
haunt my waking hours when I stare in space
and ponder situations I perceive
which wakens ancient memories of life
I think must be from lives of my ancestors,
terrible traumas of survival burned
into archetypal code of my genes.

I see how they went wrong and yet survived,
and what others did right to overcome
cataclysmic waves of crushing events,
so I can better analyze fierce state
of hostile forces arranged against me,
and follow examples my ancestors set
to avoid death and live another day.

The traumas of their brushes with destruction
activate my nerves to contemplate way
I may pursue through labyrinth of death
so I can build safe paradise of walls
and dwell secure in haven of my hopes,
and thus their fears of eminent decay
shine beacon to guide my way to new home.

I feel again the traumas of wild war
vibrating in the tensions of our culture,
threatening to destroy the bright illusion
we display about the nation we share,
but I am ready with old lessons learned
to build new culture based on principle
of creative cooperation through love.

Though this America we know and love
crumbles now from tensions of opposition
between groups who contest to define freedom,
I know we will rebuild Temple of Truth
where everyone can share our common goal
of liberty through equal justice for all
based on law that people are born with rights.

Since they survived hostile environments
my ancestors generated new souls
who all wake in me now this vibrant hour
when I feel energy of their desires
urge me forward through the maze of this world
to find secret of rebirth in my heart
so I raise new children with songs of truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment