Friday, July 20, 2018

Pleasure At Hour Of Death

Pleasure At Hour Of Death
© Surazeus
2018 07 20

Will sea waves swirl around my feet at dawn
when I descend from cement city streets
to walk the timeless sands that never change
and talk to sunlight gleaming on the waves?

Will someone shoot me in the heart today,
I ponder as I walk the edge of time,
because they do not like the way I look,
or want to take something they cannot have?

Will someone crash their car into my car
because they want to go faster than me,
I wonder as I skip rocks on the sea,
and listen to the sunlight on the waves?

Will anyone notice that I am gone,
for though I write my visions in suave verse
my words are no more than footprints in sand
erased forever by indifferent waves?

Will I still feel cold waves wash over me
when my dead body is borne to the shore
and laid in the boat lacking sail and oar
and pushed to drift nowhere on the vast sea?

Where will I drift on vast infinity
when the functions of my brain cease to be
and my body dissolves to dust of time
so my atoms combine with things not me?

Why am I me and no one else alive
and how am I aware of myself now
in this short flash between infinity
to sing this vision that flares out in time?

Why should I waste my time with this despair
when you are sitting silent at my side,
waiting for me to kiss you with desire
so we can taste pleasure at hour of death?

No comments:

Post a Comment