Friday, July 27, 2018

Character Of God

Character Of God
© Surazeus
2018 07 27

My emotions are all so fake they seem
real as the full moon shining through black clouds
that illuminates skulls of my ancestors
who try to convince me that God is real.

When I look in the mirror of the sky
I comprehend how God is nothing more
than the most popular fictional character
ever conjured from the words in a book.

When our brains scan those small black figurines
of concept letters, that Cadmus designed,
illusions of things that do not exist
flash before the scope of our dreaming eyes.

The universe of things composed of atoms
flashed forth from the nothing of hot desire
to spiral into stars which nourish planets
where carbon rings evolve into conscious brains.

When I was a young boy my parents told me
God was huge conscious being beyond the sky
who created everything that exists
and will kill me if I defy his will.

I learned from reading books that Plato wrote
how he designed this concept that presents
God as wise Craftsman who molds everything
from matter with strict pattern of Ideas.

I opened my eyes and gazed at the world
of people and objects outside my mind
and searched for this supernatural deity
who watches us from Eye of Shining Light.

I climbed high mountain and stood in the light
and knew only my own conscious awareness,
for I found God nowhere but in the Bible,
that book of tales where he plays a starring role.

The closer I reviewed those ancient tales,
and tales from every culture in the world,
I realized God is based on every king
who ever reigned over nations of men.

This character of God in ancient tales
combines in one persona every man
who ever ascended pyramid of power
to personify judge of life and death.

This character of God that rules the world,
defined by my parents and every preacher
who sells salvation to sad frightened people,
behaves the way that tyrant kings behave.

Obey my rules, he shouts with thunderous voice,
and perform your role I assign to you,
fulfilling your duty to boost my power,
or I will cast you out of paradise.

How many times have mortal men, who played
king of the hill in our communities,
spoken these words to disobedient people
who dared to pursue their own happiness?

All Jesus did was show how man can play
God as the selfless leader who loves people
and treats every person as his best friend,
willing to die in your place for your crime.

When you find yourself chosen to play God
by group of people who trust you to rule,
will you act like Jesus who loves all people,
or will you act like you own them as slaves?

God is Platonic Idea of the Leader,
archetype of the mortal man who rules,
conceptual character in ancient tales
who presents model for how to rule nations.

No comments:

Post a Comment