Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Together In Weird Harmony

Together In Weird Harmony
© Surazeus
2018 07 24

I am the universal spirit in mankind,
the aching soul of hunger and desire
who longs to love and be loved as we play
together on the shore of the cold river.

The river is indifferent to our feelings
so I love to listen to its wild song
as I search in the center of my being
for what is common to genders and races.

I want to look into your glowing eyes
and understand the truth of what you see,
and then express the feelings I acquire
and know you understand well what I see.

The strange details that define what we seem
are frivolous accoutrements of style
that mask the common nature of our souls
generated by the spark of hungry hope.

Though you seem different from what I seem,
the opposite of me in every way,
I know we both want to eat delicious food
and feel the pleasure of kind company.

Though I am now one gender or the other
in this one body my mother designed
I can sympathize with your point of view
and know well what it feels like to be you.

Though the color of my skin or my eyes,
or my type of hair, or my body size,
varies with each new person that I am,
I may be privileged or marginalized.

Wherever we live on this spinning globe
two groups always seem to contend for space
till we blend together through sweet romance,
then we find another group to contest.

Whether I legally control some land,
which I could purchase because I perform
one small role in producing food to eat,
or wander homeless, I occupy space.

The oldest law in each community
of humans working for one common goal
is you can eat if you perform the work,
if you are strong and talented with skill.

Regardless of our gender or our race,
we judge each other by actions or words
that cause constructive or destructive effects
for we value the intent of creation.

Come and play with me on the river shore
and let us make love by the streaming water
then eat fruit we pluck from the Tree of Life
and sing together in weird harmony.


No comments:

Post a Comment