Monday, July 16, 2018

Illusions In Falling Rain

Illusions In Falling Rain
© Surazeus
2018 07 15

I felt the spirit of divine insight
flash awake the consciousness of my soul,
so I sang with the voice of prophecy
to preach force of justice and liberty.

I stood on the rooftop of the bookstore
and saw angel on wings of fire descend
through flashing rain to touch my mind with truth
so I could see whole flow of history.

I felt the fervor of religious zeal
electrify my soul with intense vision
but stayed alone in my dark basement room
and dreamed the history of the universe.

Fervent spirits of my ancestors wake
in me, Thomas Dudley, Simon Bradstreet,
Abraham Pierson, and John Davenport,
urging me to preach in the wilderness.

I write the scripture of my visions clear
with blood of angels in the book of fire,
then walk into the wilderness of hope
and stare at sunlight gleaming through the clouds.

"There is no god up in the shining clouds,
and all the atoms of the universe
are no more conscious than this hard mute rock,
yet atoms weave neurons in my woke brain."

Alone on the mountain of divine sight
I kneel on soil before the burning bush
and laugh at how my ancestors were fooled
by illusions to believe in the God.

I dream the history of the universe
when all expands from the First Flash of love
and spirals into galaxies of worlds
where I sing illusions in falling rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment