Saturday, July 14, 2018

Gold Warbler Of The Glen

Gold Warbler Of The Glen
© Surazeus
2018 07 14

Cool sky-blue breeze blows in the mountain glen
where white star-flowers blossom from gray pebbles
that sparkle gold under the trickling brook
which flows from crack in the heart of the world.

The young girl kneels and touches tufts of grass
with trembling hand where beams of sunlight glow
and cast her blue shadow on jagged stone,
since sorrow aches from cracked heart of the world.

"True love nurtures the person you desire,"
she whispers to the trickling water flow,
"and never tries to own the human soul
for I am the gold warbler who flies free."

The young girl looks up at the highland laird
who stands above her in the glowing sun,
then touches arrow shaft piercing her breast,
and gasps at shocking pain that flashes white.

"Aileana, from green meadow of flowers,
I have loved you since I saw your blue eyes,
and I offered you the keys to my castle,
but you reject me for the stable groom."

The young girl touches white flower by the brook
and hot blood from her breast stains it deep red,
so she lies down and stares at the blue sky
as she falls into the whiteness of why.

"Kenneth Campbell, you are haughty and proud,
and think you can take whatever you want,
but Ardan loves horses with gentle hand,
and loves the spirit deep inside my heart."

"You love no one but yourself," young girl smiles,
and reaches out her hand to touch the sky,
"so you want to possess me like your cow,
but Ardan loves the laughter of my eyes."

"Now I am the gold warbler who flies free,"
Aileana sighs and closes her eyes
as her blood flows into the sparkling stream,
and her last breath dissipates in the breeze.

Cool sky-blue breeze blows in the mountain glen
where red star-flowers blossom from gray pebbles
that sparkle gold under the trickling brook
which flows from crack in the heart of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment