Friday, July 27, 2018

Howl On The Mountain Top

Howl On The Mountain Top
© Surazeus
2018 07 27

I have never been and never will be
a member of any poetry school
for I howl alone on the mountain top.

You can have my pen for composing verse
when you pry it out of my cold dead hands
for I will sing while lightning strikes my soul.

I write the daily news in epic tales
for if you outlaw pens of journalists
only outlaws will write the daily news.

I would like to teach the world to write poems
to express their hopes and fears for each day,
transforming Waste Land into Paradise.

We are the poets of the truth, my friends,
and we will keep on writing till the end,
for we are the truth-tellers of the world.

Imagine there are no prisons of silence
and everyone sings visions of their hearts.
Imagine all the people writing poems.

Give me your silent, fearful, and oppressed,
and I will teach them to lift the bright lamp
and sing the vision of their aching hearts.

April is the cruelest month, breeding hope
from the dead hearts of people bowed by fear,
for we howl as one on the mountain top.

No comments:

Post a Comment