Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Fall Of Wizard Tower

Fall Of Wizard Tower
© Surazeus
2018 07 17

The aching sorrow of the storm-gray sky,
whipped by winds of anguish in sobbing waves,
billows from the dim sun of my bleak heart
when I sail away from wild Patmos Island.
Clinging to the rough wood ship of my heart,
I hum comforting hymn of desperate hope
in harmony with sails flapping in wind
as I steer along the rugged coast of Gaul
to Marsella where the Mermaid Queen dwells
still in the secret cave where Mars once reigned.
Who am I now, lost on the storm-lit sea,
I laugh and look at my face in the mirror
my mother gave me when she died last year,
and see young boy with eyes gray as storm clouds
and long black hair curling around thin face
like mane of the lion with glaring eyes.
"I am last wizard of the fallen tower."
Yet when I close my eyes against sharp wind
that hurls stinging drops of rain at my face,
I see tall stone tower on high jagged hill
where three old men with beards long as tree moss
sit at the round table, where they had carved
and painted their complete map of the world,
to discuss where colonies of our people
survive against the might and greed of Roma,
like seven churches in hills of Galatia.
Johanus, my father, taught me to write
letters that paint the visions of my eyes.
Michaelus, brother of Johanus, taught me
how to tame the horse and wield the sharp sword.
Jesus Justus, father of Johanus, taught me
how to slay the fierce dragon of the sea
before he sailed back to rule in Galatia.
Jesus, father of Jesus Justus, taught me
how to foretell events that will occur
by analyzing the effective cause.
Since I was young, three wizards told me how
the oldest one, Jesus Immanuelus,
attempted to retake ancestral throne
where they once ruled over land of Israel,
and reign with crown and scepter of King David
over their ancient kingdom of Judah,
till Herod, puppet of Roman senators,
arrested him and hung him on the cross.
His brother Josephus lead gang of warriors
who rescued him from the old rugged cross
and revived him in cave of resurrection,
so he could live and fight forty years more.
Then they lead war against large Roman armies
to defend our clan on Masada Mountain,
the four horsemen of the apocalypse,
Jesus, Josephus, Jesus Justus, and Michaelus.
Jesus lead thousands of war refugees
north into rugged mountains of Galatia
where his son Jesus Justus with iron scepter
rules over seven churches of our people
to keep them safe from slave-traders of Roma.
Jesus took his wife, Marya Magdalena,
his sister Marya, and his daughter, Tamar,
to hide safe in ancient cave of Marsella,
were the Mermaid Queen protects our lost clan.
Jesus hid from cruel assassins of Roma
on Island of Patmos to organize
resistance against great oppressive empire,
where I grew up in shadow of his spirit.
My father Johanus wrote book of spells
to prophesy fall of the Roman Empire
in Book of Revelation that reveals
King Jesus still alive on Patmos Island
where he ruled our lost kingdom of the heart.
"Though we have no land," Jesus often told me,
"yet our kingdom glows in hearts of our people."
After forty years fighting for our freedom,
to live in peace against the might of Roma,
King Jesus Immanuelus lay in bed
and gripped our hands with urgent hope for peace,
then spirit, which animated his body
with energy of the divine Craftsman,
escaped his body and soared to the stars.
Lamenting his death while drinking spiced wine,
Michaelus and Johanus bowed their heads
and walked around the table with world map,
chanting Kaddish to celebrate his life.
They sent me out into the blowing rain
to bring young lamb that we could roast for supper,
and just as I grabbed one with my weak arms
I saw lightning strike tall tower of their strength
and both wizards fell from the burning tower
to lie broken and dead by the gushing river.
Now all three wizards are gone from this world
so I must sail to find the Cave of Mars
where our Mermaid Queen may still be alive.
There I will kneel before her glowing face
and tell her how I saw the lightning strike
so I can lament fall of wizard tower
that tears my heart with anguish of despair.

No comments:

Post a Comment