Thursday, July 12, 2018

Thirteen Sons Of The Mermaid

Thirteen Sons Of The Mermaid
© Surazeus
2018 07 12

That big new building on main street in town
where all the rich and famous congregate
will house the skulls of the great founding fathers
who conquered chaos and established justice.

The stranger walking through shadows of town
carries the gun hidden within his soul
to shoot the innocent whom no one knows
and steal wealth from the rich who never work.

Thirteen girls in long gowns of silk and lace,
bearing baskets with stories of despair,
walk in moonlight down the windy cliff trail
and stand in circle where waves call their names.

The stranger shot their lovers in the heart
and left them bleeding by the glass bank door
so thirteen girls slit the throat of the bull
and roast beef steak on flat pyramid top.

The Eye that Sees All never sees my soul
hidden by the placid mask of my face
though I build river boats with bleeding hands
and sleep all night under the apple tree.

Each time I walk through the door of today
all shadows of the past that haunt my home
shimmer half visible to my blind eyes
so I know how they lived and died long ago.

You see nothing when you look in my eyes
though I spell it all out in secret runes
I carve on the cornerstone of your church
so you might know how I designed your faith.

Thirteen girls holding lilies in white hands
proceed into church while silver bells ring
and sing solemn hymns with enchanting voices
that vibrate with the rhythm of the sea.

Thirteen dark fish men rise from cold sea waves
and climb windy cliff trail to the stone church
where they marry thirteen brides with gold hair
and breed new race of superhuman gods.

Thirteen sons forge swords from star meteor
and ride horses through mists of Avalon
to defend the weak and poor from slave-masters
then gather at the Round Table to feast.

Thirteen sons of the Mermaid of Marseilles
establish new kingdoms in Middle-Earth
and rule the tribes of men two thousand years
under First Father in the Fish-Mouth Hat.

I now crown myself Emperor of the Earth
for I am the son of all Thirteen Kings,
so gather on my pyramid to feast
and sing hymns of the ancient Fisher King.

No comments:

Post a Comment