Sunday, July 1, 2018

Our Liberty Sect

Our Liberty Sect
© Surazeus
2018 07 01

The red rose blossoms from my rotting heart
and all the people of my country shout
that our old institutions fall apart
so I will stand in rain with silent doubt.

Since everyone is starting to choose sides
I lie down in the garden to soak light
while children scream on amusement park rides
and protesting marchers begin to fight.

We paint our slogans on the clean bank wall
and raise bold fists against the silent ghost
so I chant naked in the waterfall
after the blind king tweets his haughty boast.

I never go home after my lone quest
to find the secret treasure beyond fame
though no one welcomes me as honored guest,
inviting me to play in their rigged game.

The dotard clutching at his fallen crown
shuffles nowhere through the empty White House,
and shouts at every painting with false frown
to deny he is our blood-sucking louse.

I refuse to play part I was assigned
in this national tragedy of blind hate
so here is my new world view I designed
that welcomes everyone through open gate.

Join my party for the apocalypse
and dance to music of the Howling Dead,
since I have hamburgers, root beer, and chips,
and you hide old fantasies in your head.

I gaze at stars of heaven to explain
my soul is still alive with ancient hopes
so we must dance together in the rain,
then play hide and seek on Parnassian slopes.

Though angry racists try to take control
and direct the drama we play on stage
we resist their hate till we score the goal
and cultivate love from their blinding rage.

Old priests tried to turn me into their saint
to neutralize power of my prophecy
but I deceive them with my clever feint
when I come disguised as Queen Liberty.

The vision of our nation we all share,
that glows overhead in bubble of tales,
collapses into game of solitaire
so I walk nowhere on high mountain trails.

Our words beam idol of one national soul
embodied by the person we elect
but we hail star-spangled flag on the pole
to conquer death with our Liberty Sect.

No comments:

Post a Comment