Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Still Shines The Golden Moon

Still Shines The Golden Moon
© Surazeus
2018 07 18

The moon shimmers gold through wild purple clouds,
as it has for four and a half billion years
since Theia collided with spinning Gaia,
piercing my heart with timeless serenity
since I first crawled along the flashing stream
four hundred million years ago to rise
above singing water, and gaze entranced
at golden eye who dreams our world alive.

Each day that Earth spins around the bright sun
characters in every species contend
in brutal battle to assert control
over land producing nutritious food
and mates generating their own offspring
who dominate the tribe as they grow strong
and fight each other to reign as tribe God.

Yet still the moon shines gold through purple clouds,
so I gaze up to seek tranquility
from endless battles to control the tribe,
and sing sweet hymns in harmony with light
to transcend naked hour of hungry hope
and thus become one with mysterious face
who ever watches us through life and death.

The moon shines on the face of my beloved
whose spirit mirrors the soul in the sky
as we make love to reincarnate us.

Still shines the golden moon in purple clouds
no matter what happens down on this Earth
in endless competitions to survive,
so I sit alone on the mountain top
and feel the moon wash all my rage away
till aching desire dissolves from my mind,
and I want nothing outside my thick skull
but float in harmony with life and death.

So go ahead and fight for transient power
while I eat honey and sing the moon flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment