Friday, July 13, 2018

Lonely Road Of Unconquered Clouds

Lonely Road Of Unconquered Clouds
© Surazeus
2018 07 13

Two roads diverge in the shadowy wood
where I wander lonely as the bright cloud
out of the strange night that covers my soul
down to the calm sea where the moon glows fair.

Sorry I can not travel every road,
I stop to gaze at golden daffodils
that sprout wild from my unconquerable soul
which glimmers like cliffs of our ancient land.

I map every road through wild undergrowth
toward lakes beneath trees where wild flowers bloom
since I stand unbowed, though bludgeoned by chance,
on this moon-blanched land by the tranquil sea.

For every road I blaze others fade lost
so stars that twinkle in the Milky Way
beyond the fields of Horror in the shade
echo song of pebbles in roaring waves.

What nameless road of leaves do I trod black
to follow never-ending bay of trees
where menace of the years finds me assured
I can ride turbid flow of misery?

I cannot know where this strange road will lead
to sparkling waves in jocund company
from scrolls that charge my deeds with punishment
alone on naked shingles of the world. 

I take the road less traveled by to find
bliss of solitude flash my inward eye
that I am captain of my fateful soul,
chanting tales of armies that clash for power.

The road not taken is the road I walk
where I wander lonely as the mute cloud
who cries invictus for the wars of man
as I sing with Mother Sea on Dover Beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment