Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Nothingness Of The Swamp

Nothingness Of The Swamp
© Surazeus
2023 06 28

The strange way tree branches explain the wind 
pierces my pungent heart with angst of faith 
so ichor bleeds from rainbow-flashing eyes 
faster than television flicker beams 
immortal souls of angels through my mind 
as I struggle through swamp mud at midnight. 

Though useless moonlight on the hungry pond 
displays shadow of arrogant defeat 
I ponder if only faith motivates 
my leap across the stepping-stones of fate 
to face blind faceless monster of my fear 
as I hide in the swamp where frogs sing hymns. 

With clumsy eloquence of honest hope 
I hum in harmony with river waves 
that glisten cold with light of everything 
because I touch eye of eternity 
that weaves wild atoms in my flashing brain 
as I measure nothingness of the swamp. 

Though I erase each letter of my name 
to disarrange surreal text of my tale 
I speak new vague spell of old laughing rain 
to analyze strangeness this body proves 
with problematic ambition of love 
as I hide treasure in the misty swamp. 

The obvious way sarcasm burns our trash 
reveals how we could misconstrue the peace 
that breaks all records of the singing land 
because the old gods never know our names 
though we tend gardens in harsh vales of Hell 
as I consume bitter fruit of the swamp. 

Though I taste molten liquor never brewed 
from pungent berries of the demon woods 
I float with drunken bees in summer haze 
to drink pure honeyness with butterflies 
who howl with sorrow at the fractured moon 
as I retrieve broken dreams in the swamp. 

Elegant Foxgloves on lush river shore 
send butterflies from weird celestial fields 
as missionaries teaching secret code 
preserved in timeless pearls of solitude 
for I would not renounce my faith in Death 
as I dance singing in the moonlit swamp. 

Though we build towers of crystalline steel 
to shield our wounded hearts with shining glass 
against stark horror of Nature who molds 
our fragile bodies from atoms of time 
we will embrace to keep each other warm 
safe from indifferent hunger of the swamp. 


No comments:

Post a Comment