Thursday, June 22, 2023

New Psychic Theology

New Psychic Theology
© Surazeus
2023 06 22

If I explore dark bottom of the sea 
to find sad ghost of Tiresias in me 
I might be able to return from death 
with silver startle of the bird-song breath, 
yet I appear on television screen 
as long-lost son of Princess Melusine. 

Before I deconstruct your social myth, 
carved by hand of God on white monolith 
that looms shadowless above Gotham streets, 
I hitchhike back east with radical Beats 
to invent new psychic theology 
based on liberty of democracy. 

While searching resplendent abyss of Hell 
before sad ringing of the noon-time bell 
I sing about our yellow submarine 
still haunted by sweet ghost of Clementine 
who wants to crown me king of Nowhere Land 
though I prefer to join the pop-star band. 

Without bicycle of the humming snake 
I wander listless by the secret lake 
to serenade mad princess in glass boat 
who grins while sipping frosty rootbeer float 
because I dream about weird future state 
where every person controls their own fate. 

I still remember eerie summer day 
when we played carefree in Saronic bay 
till serious prophet of the faceless god 
commissioned me to form new justice squad 
to free from economic slavery 
people trapped by religious gimmickry. 

So I hitchhike to Wonderland at dawn 
on quest to find homeland of Avalon 
controlled now by grim jester in the crown 
who rides rusty carriage all over town 
where I play harp at midnight in the rain 
about sad whistle-blow of the last train. 

Holding hands in strange hour of happiness, 
we stroll across Bridge of Forgetfulness 
where undone people, shocked by the world war, 
stare at handless clock on the locked church door 
till the oak tree smiles and asks how we are, 
as if we are blessed by the falling star. 

Beneath the clear blue sky on lonely hill, 
entranced by trickling of the rocky rill, 
we ponder why the world exists at all, 
then wander back to the grand feasting hall 
where Tiresias lectures on gender roles 
while blood-stained flags whip on telephone poles. 


No comments:

Post a Comment