Saturday, June 10, 2023

Words Entombed In Books

Words Entombed In Books
© Surazeus
2023 06 10

The way I think is natural to my mind 
but others seem to think my view is weird 
though I can only see this teeming world 
with eyes my ancestors forged in their dreams 
while standing in brutal light of the rain 
to taste metallic sorrow of blind faith. 

Repressing horror that we all will die, 
I unzip wings from aching shoulder blades 
and soar above brick buildings on deep breath 
with fierce intention to transcend my self 
while drowning in the restless sea of truth 
which lifts me so high I can only fall. 

Through mortal godhood of my aching flesh 
I seek to preserve in strict tomb of words 
immortal soul of lightning born from stars 
that writhes with hot demonic energy 
through flashing nerves of honest lust to live 
which urges me to leap abyss of fear. 

My body rots into these spells I write 
so tangled matrix of my fractured mind 
preserves confusing visions of my brain 
in fictive stories bleeding from my eyes 
so we remain as words entombed in books 
long after time dissolves our souls to dust. 

I am not that marble idol in church 
that poses frozen in elegant grace, 
forever gesturing toward eternal sky 
while strumming soundless strings on static harp 
and singing one conceptual hum of truth 
with mute intensity of sublime myth. 

Awake with awed surprise on hill of skulls, 
I sing cosmic elegy for the self 
that dies again with every passing hour 
as sunlight beams sharp rays of agony 
through pulsing passion of my naked soul 
though I float nameless on surging sea waves. 

I only feel free when I am alone 
because each atom flashing in my soul, 
composed from web of buzzing neural wires, 
beams from first flash that flares forth from God Eye 
at godless creation of time-spun space 
to glow within me as the Divine Mind. 

I am alive in shining of the water, 
immortal supersoul in every brain 
of every creature who has ever lived 
and will live in the spinning of our world, 
so I enclose myself inside my brain 
to dream reality through poems I sing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment