Sunday, June 4, 2023

Hidden From Hunger Of Death

Hidden From Hunger Of Death
© Surazeus
2023 06 04

The subtle movement of the flashing sky 
exposes atoms of my burning heart 
when I hitchhike across the desert land 
to find my lover in the empty house 
whose flower face is veiled by cold moonlight 
while I dream of her soul warm in my arms. 

Far across the sparkling pacific sea 
that glimmers blue with inner flame of hope 
my lover walks alone on hungry beach 
to wait for me all night on chilly sand 
till I descend on silver wings of faith 
so we can dance with endless tide of time. 

Because the fevered foam of restless time 
tastes bitterer than death to those who love 
we sing together in hard blasting wind 
to maintain trust we share with eager hands 
for life is sweet when we walk hand in hand 
to know strange beauty of this silent world. 

Our lonely shadows spreading angel wings 
fly side by side along the ocean beach, 
lured by clear tones from lyre of golden strings 
I play with passion of the blooming spring 
beneath the dark uncaring sky of hope 
as we kiss with tender care of wild birds. 

Till hour our throats may ache with joyful song 
we hide from horror of beautiful death 
to savor yet another day of hope 
with graceful passion of the mortal soul 
who knows the painful end of life may come 
at any time we eat the fruit of love. 

Close to my heart I hold the broken world 
to understand this seething faith in love 
that motivates my quest to break the walls 
enclosing paradise with serpent teeth 
which keeps us safe and trapped in flow of change 
till we can teach the world our private song. 

With changeful will of arrogant desire 
we rush against blank wall of nothingness 
to float on ocean waves of innocence 
till we rise dripping from abyss of time 
to pluck ripe oranges from old tangled trees 
and drink sweet sunlight in tears of despair. 

I gather scattered selves to bind one self 
that gleams in crystal ball of timeless truth 
so I see endless flow of human history 
in shifting visions of intense conflict 
till I design safe haven of our hope 
where we dwell hidden from hunger of death. 


No comments:

Post a Comment