Sunday, June 11, 2023

My Sweet Rowan Tree

My Sweet Rowan Tree
© Surazeus
2023 06 11

Forever running toward the rowan tree, 
that blossoms white on summer hills of hope, 
I seek the carefree joy of childhood lost 
in swirling mists of time that blind my eyes, 
yet still in dreams, imbued with wistful glow, 
I see my mother smile in cool tree shade. 

I call out to the wind-blown rowan tree 
to grow still tall on summer hills of hope, 
but thunderous crack of cannons boom too loud, 
so swirling smoke of war shrouds blasted hills 
where skulls of my brothers bleed in red mud 
far from where my mother smiles in tree shade. 

Returning to the weeping rowan tree, 
limping slowly on summer hills of hope, 
I see ghosts of my carefree siblings play 
with joyful laughter of wild raven wings 
among white blossoms in the sun-gold breeze 
where my mother smiles not in cool tree shade. 

Sitting under the silent rowan tree, 
that quivers bare on summer hills of hope, 
I gaze with my good eye at sylvan scene 
that shimmers bright with sad eternity 
while men fight wars for world supremacy 
though our mothers wait still in cool tree shade. 

Alone beneath the bonnie rowan tree, 
entwined with tales on summer hills of hope, 
I weep for all the people of my life 
who vanish lost in changing winds of time, 
yet still remain as ghosts who haunt my dreams, 
my sweet mother smiling in cool tree shade. 

Heart aching beneath the old rowan tree, 
who spreads her arms on summer hills of hope 
to shroud my heart from agony of loss, 
I sing enchanting melody of love 
that wakes from dream ghosts of my family 
to see my mother smile in cool tree shade. 

Though time floats still beneath the rowan tree, 
that trembles wild on summer hills of hope, 
I know sweet memories of my lost childhood 
and ghosts of people I have loved and lost 
cannot sustain my body but with love, 
so I leave my mother in cool tree shade. 

Bidding farewell to my sweet rowan tree, 
that blossoms still on summer hills of hope, 
I walk toward city maze to seek my home 
where my sweet wife and children wait for me, 
for I will bring them to my rowan tree 
to meet my mother haunting cool tree shade. 


No comments:

Post a Comment